Summer MCAT Study Plan -- Is This Enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jared.mock

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I never took a psychology course in my life. I am registered to take a 4 week course at my university (daily 2 hour lecture) and will study using TBR materials+Kaplan psychology book. A week prior to the psychology course, I will also start on a 15-week MCAT study plan outlined in the TBR book.

So in all, my MCAT plan will look something like this:

May 8 - Begin MCAT study
May 15 - Begin 4 week psychology course
June 9 - psychology course finished
August 18 - Done with study plan
August 18-23 -- Buffer zone for missed studying days
August 24 - take MCAT

Is this enough time for the psych stuff to sink in and also to review for everything?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I never took a psychology course in my life. I am registered to take a 4 week course at my university (daily 2 hour lecture) and will study using TBR materials+Kaplan psychology book. A week prior to the psychology course, I will also start on a 15-week MCAT study plan outlined in the TBR book.

So in all, my MCAT plan will look something like this:

May 8 - Begin MCAT study
May 15 - Begin 4 week psychology course
June 9 - psychology course finished
August 18 - Done with study plan
August 18-23 -- Buffer zone for missed studying days
August 24 - take MCAT

Is this enough time for the psych stuff to sink in and also to review for everything?

I think you're underestimating just how long 15-16 weeks is. A normal semester, in which one has a social life and parties every other weekend, etc. is about 16 weeks. And many pre-meds pull mostly A's over the course of aforementioned semester... think about your MCAT study as one long 18-credit hour semester, and you'll be fine.

Just don't fall back a single day. Don't accept it for yourself to slack off. Take it seriously. Take practice tests...

This is what I've been repeating to myself over and over again. And I test in a few weeks.

Reactions: 1 user