Summer NIH Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silent Cool

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Did anyone here do the pre-doctoral summer internship at NIH? I want to do it so badly, so I'm trying to figure out what I can do to increase my chances of getting it. Any advice? I have tons of research experience and biotech experience. Anything advice from some experienced NIH Internshippers on how to make myself stand out in the application process would be greatly appreciated.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I would email/call PI's at the NIH and start developing relationships. You can usually specify fields/institutes that interest you, and refering to these fields and relationships you formed can usually help with the application process. Read an article written by the PI and maybe mention/discuss/ask about it.

And all the other stuff - get good rec letters, make a nice CV, proofread and polish your app.

modisrules said:
I would email/call PI's at the NIH and start developing relationships. You can usually specify fields/institutes that interest you, and refering to these fields and relationships you formed can usually help with the application process. Read an article written by the PI and maybe mention/discuss/ask about it.

And all the other stuff - get good rec letters, make a nice CV, proofread and polish your app.

good idea...i'll look into that.

modisrules said:

good idea...i'll look into that.