Summer Physics-mechanics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamyKid

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is one of the things that has been really bothering me. I'm not sure if I should take mechanics over the summer at my university, not a cc. I need to finish a class in session II, but I have no class to take during session I, and I really don't want to pay 500 bucks for like a vis art class, that makes me feel really dumb.

But I keep hearing people saying admission officers look down at pre med courses completed over the summer. Also, for the people who have done this, do you guys feel like you didn't learn the material as well because it was like a short cram session?

:( I dunno what to do. sigh

Members don't see this ad.

This is one of the things that has been really bothering me. I'm not sure if I should take mechanics over the summer at my university, not a cc. I need to finish a class in session II, but I have no class to take during session I, and I really don't want to pay 500 bucks for like a vis art class, that makes me feel really dumb.

But I keep hearing people saying admission officers look down at pre med courses completed over the summer. Also, for the people who have done this, do you guys feel like you didn't learn the material as well because it was like a short cram session?

Do you have to take a class for session 1?

housing costs too much to not ..I'm gonna be doing other stuff too like research, but yeahh trying to get a class done

Members don't see this ad :)

It might vary between schools, but in many 4 year colleges, summer courses have exactly the same content as when they are taught in a regular semester. The weekly lecture and lab hours are increased so that they amount to the same number of hours as a regular semester course. I've never heard of adcoms looking down on summer courses.

And yeah, it can be hard to assimilate the information in a shorter time period, but if you're not taking any other classes at the same time, it shouldn't be a problem.