Summer Plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

suwaifo

This is for those of us who are still in undergrad.
How do you guys plan on spending your summer? I mean the summer is an excellent way to get some classes over with or get some extra curricular done, but it is also an excellent time to chill with the homies.

What's your take on this? I suppose the timing of the summer matters too, I'm going to be a sophomore come fall of '08 so I'm not sure if I should jump the soul selling bandwagon or if I should take a little trip down to to palmdale, if you know what I mean.

Members don't see this ad.

How do you guys plan on spending your summer? I mean the summer is an excellent way to get some classes over with or get some extra curricular done, but it is also an excellent time to chill with the homies.

What's your take on this? I suppose the timing of the summer matters too, I'm going to be a sophomore come fall of '08 so I'm not sure if I should jump the soul selling bandwagon or if I should take a little trip down to to palmdale, if you know what I mean.

what's keeping you from doing both? if i was a soph again, i would try to get some research experience in queue for some money/experience and spend weekends having fun.

what's keeping you from doing both? if i was a soph again, i would try to get some research experience in queue for some money/experience and spend weekends having fun.
That'd be nice. I miss the old days of staying up late and sleeping in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Traveling across Europe for 3 months!

the last two summers ive spent back at home "chillin with the homies." I got a job, found a place to volunteer or shadow, and surfed as much as possible ( i live in san diego). Oh, but last summer i took both semesters of physics..............LAME!!!!! this summer i will have no summer school.

this upcoming summer i was given a research grant so i will likely be staying at school for 10 weeks of summer to complete the reseach that i was approved for. If i do this, ill also be volunteering at Body Worlds 3 as a "medical information specicalist"!!!!! So it should be exciting!

If i end up goin home, itll be the same as the last two summers!

I mean yeah the summer is a wonderful time to relax and hang out with friends, but use that time to get as many volunteer/work experience under your belt. And you dont have school to worry about (unlike me):(

Awesome question.

Summer eh? As much as I would love to spend it at home napping, with friends or just enjoying the weather, Im affraid im not going to. Im going to be volunteering with advanced heart failure patients at a hospital in detroit. Also i'll be taking 3 classes during spring, and 3 during the summer semester. I work so much better with the spring and summer semesters.

I hate fall and winter so much! Its such a drag and all I really focus on is "next semester", or im always saying how much I wish it were over. Spring and summer are so freaking quick. I LOVE IT!:D

Oh, and ofcourse studying for the MCAT.

hanging in africa, brah! :) finally accepted, so I'm gonna kick back and take it eeeeasssyyyy!

I start the summer off with my MCAT

Then go to Belize to do a Maymester marine biology course!!!

Then back home to take physics 2 (ugh!)

Also will be working most likely 30 hours a week

Doing volunteer work

Playing volleyball (rec league goest through June)

And then I apply for med school in June so I can anticipate filling out secondaries during what little free time will have

I was going to go to Morocco for the summer, but I decided I should probably take the MCAT instead. ;) I might go to Israel for a bit, but I'm not sure. I'm taking classes the first half of the summer since I'm staying home, so who knows?

Dude, I am not going to do ****, in terms of classes. I've been taking summer classes since freaking 11th grade. I have not had a single summer off from classes.

But I will teach some Kaplan classes, probably pick up a second job, work on those applications.

I will also probably go to Bonaroo. Anyone want to come? There will be uh...lots of...stress relief. ;)

I was supposed to take summer classes this summer but I honestly can't afford it, I'm applying this summer. I am going to TA a class and work on applications, and maybe get a Job in a lab. That's about it. That's only if I don't have to take the MCAT again.

c.s.

I've got a research grant for the summer & intend to finish off ochem, & will probably take another calculus class just because I want to learn it. It's not exactly what I wanted to do, but it will move me a little closer to getting out. Hopefully, I'll be able to get away for a few weeks between semesters.

Living in Hawaii for a month... snorkeling every day. :thumbup::luck:

Lucky you I don't have that option. I spent last summer in school. I transfered to a new school which has a requirement (yes actually part of the gen ed req) that you have to take 3 summer classes IN Florida (I took my previous summer classes in NY). So I'm taking 2 classes this summer. I need to boost my BCPM and since some schools "recommend" cell bio or genetics I'm taking both next summer. The only thing I'm looking forward to next summer is going to Europe after Summer classes are over. I'll be even happier if I get into the Study Abroad program in Italy
Posted via Mobile Device

im a business student, but im working an internship, taking 4 classes, and studying for the gmat. on top of that im training for a marathon and volunteering as a swim coach at local swim meets. i dont really have a "summer."

I wanted to something new that I've never done before -- so I got a job with a biotech company doing research. I love it!