Summer plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taehong81

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that most of us are in the application process and some of us have acceptances, I was wondering what everyone was doing on the summer before med school? I am thinking about getting a part time job and working and also thinking about going to a mission trip to Europe.

Members don't see this ad.

Travel...Europe, South America, Asia? I need to travel before I hit med school (didn't get a chance for study abroad in undergrad).

Perhaps going to Mexico or Spain, volunteering, brushing up on my Spanish, and a part-time job to pay the bills.

I was thinking of going to Nepal. There's a program that's relatively inexpensive (under a grand) where you get some cultural/language experience, do a week of trekking, and then volunteer in a clinic for a few (2-4) weeks..... Now if only my parents didn't give me the "you'll die if you go" speech :p

- Quid

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm heading back to Europe this summer. Last summer I spent 6 weeks solo travelling Italy and France and LOVED it. Tuscany and the south of France were breathtaking and I'm dying to go back...

After such a trying year, I've been keeping my spirits up with the knowledge that a much-needed break is just around the corner. I'm thinking of going to Spain and Portugal for a few weeks then back into Provence-region of France to see some of the smaller towns.

Other than that, I plan to sit on my rear end, soak in the Florida sun, and RELAX!!!!

I second the beer idea.

I'm probably going to play a lot of video games, read a lot of books, store up some sleep (my wife has this cool set from Tupperware that lets you store sleep in the freezer).

I also want to spend the summer exploring the new place where I'll live, wherever that may be.

I'm probably not going to travel because a) I can't afford it and b) my wife will be starting her new job.