Summer Pre Dental Opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpatel123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school year is coming to an end and I really wanted to do something constructive with the time I have in the summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college. I wasn't sure what would be the best route to do this but I have contacted several dentists and have the opportunity to shadow a dentist if I want.

My Questions:

1) Is it a good idea to spend my summer shadowing dentists and how many hours are required for dental schools?

2) Is research more important to get into dental school and should I pursue a better research experience rather than Dental Shadowing?

3) Does anyone know of University Pre-Dental Programs that are still accepting applications and whether those are beneficial?

4) If I decide to take a Summer Ochem class just to get a feel for the coursework does my grade HAVE to be reported to dental schools? And is this a good idea?

5) Any other recommendations for what to focus on in the summer?

Thanks so much :D

Members don't see this ad.

Shadow a dentist. all grades are factored in your GPA>transcript> & hence dental schools if U take then at the same college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk