1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

summer research abroad

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by yourpeep, Oct 30, 2002.

1. yourpeep

yourpeep Junior Member

Howdy,
    I am a junior and looking for things to do over my summer break next year. I have had a lot of research experience during the past two summer and throughout the school year, but was wondering if any of you had encountered any good undergraduate summer research programs abroad (in an english speaking country). I know in the US there are several schools with SURP programs that give you a stipend to work with a faculty member for 8-10 weeks, but are there any open for US residents abroad? (I have heard of only one at the University of London, I believe) Have any of you had experience with post undergraduate fellowships, etc in research abroad? As well as summer programs, I am looking at the possibility of taking a year off and doing some sort of research fellowship. There aren't many opportunities for those in the life sciences to get away, so I am just looking at my options. Thanx for your input.
    :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. yourpeep

yourpeep Junior Member

sorry to be annoying but does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

4. owen_osh

owen_osh Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know if this will help you, but I know several people at my school have done summer/semester physics research at CERN accelerator in Switzerland.