Summer Research AND hospital volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silverfalcon

Do It
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, has anyone been able to do summer research AND hospital volunteering at the same time? I recently realized that some things in the research can require weekends work, so I was just wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

Most hospital volunteering only requires ~3 hours a week so I can't imagine it would be difficult to squeeze that in even if you were working full time.

If you're concerned, try to schedule volunteering for after work rather than on the weekends. Hospitals usually need evening volunteers!

i do both and school right now, so i dont see why you wouldnt be able to over the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, has anyone been able to do summer research AND hospital volunteering at the same time? I recently realized that some things in the research can require weekends work, so I was just wondering.

It's very doable--I've managed to volunteer with three organizations and do research for the past 3 summers.