Summer Research Application and Acceptance Thread ( SPUR, SURF, SURP, SIP, AMGEN, LA etc.) 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's change the question:

Is there anyone on this forum that was invited to a summer research opportunity still scheduled to go and complete an in-person, traditional, face to face laboratory research experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Let's change the question:

Is there anyone on this forum that was invited to a summer research opportunity still scheduled to go and complete an in-person, traditional, face to face laboratory research experience?
Mine is supposed to get back to us by the end of the month about next steps but didn’t say if it would be remote or in person

Wake Forest EICS Is still going on. We do have a cohort of I believe 6-8?

Members don't see this ad :)
@medicineroyalty
How does everyone going to have access to the webinar?
I don’t know about the general public, but if you applied, I’m sure that they’ll send webinar access links to everybody. At least that’s what I gathered from the email. I doubt they would be selective about who can watch? That’s odd.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend that is in Pitt's SPAEP received an I-9 form to fill out. So I guess he will be getting stipend. They will have some sort of remote program at minimum. He still holding out hope that they may push it back a couple of weeks and maybe shorten It a couple of weeks but still have it in person. There are only like 8-9 of them in that program.

Does anyone have anymore updates/expectations for summer REUs?

EICS just cancelled

NERA med prep @ columbia is online?

*****ACCEPTED******
Baylor SMART (2/7, Redstem)

*****WAITING******
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory SURF
Dartmouth MPUS
Dell Medical School LCI SURF
Duke SROP
Harvard SR-EIP
Harvard Systems Bio
Howard Leadership Alliance
Iowa SROP
Johns Hopkins SIP
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Mayo Clinic SURF
MD Anderson SURF
Northwestern SROP
NYU SURP
Pittsburg CNUP-SURP
Rockefeller SURF
Siteman Cancer Center
Tufts Leadership Alliance
UCLA Amgen
UCLA SURP
UCSF SURF
UCSF Amgen
UT Health SOD SURP
UT Southwestern Amgen
U of Miami Leadership Alliance
University of Michigan FCVC-SURF
Vanderbilt VSSA
WashU ASPIRE
WashU BioMedRAP
Yale Amgen

*****REJECTED******

Sorry I know I missed a couple, but I figured these were the main ones that people would be snooping on here to see so I threw them in alphabetical order and made the list look clean so we can be neurotic but organized .