Summer Research in New York - any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbshah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am a first year medical student at UT Houston and I want to spend my summer working on cancer research in New York. The only program that I know of is Sloan-Kettering's summer program and I will def be applying to that.
Does anyone know of any other programs or how I should go about trying to find someone/somewhere to research? My only problem is that I need to get paid enough to live and eat during the summer.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I am a first year medical student at UT Houston and I want to spend my summer working on cancer research in New York. The only program that I know of is Sloan-Kettering's summer program and I will def be applying to that.
Does anyone know of any other programs or how I should go about trying to find someone/somewhere to research? My only problem is that I need to get paid enough to live and eat during the summer.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Try looking at the Research Forum FAQ (link in my sig). There's a link to research programs designed for MS1 summer. You might find another program in NYC. There's also links to year-out programs, some of which are in NYC.