Summer Research Internship at Cleveland Clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpinOSU

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm posting a link to the upcoming 2011 summer research internship at the Center for Reproductive Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. This internship is an intensive 8 week research opportunity where students (undergraduates and graduates) are immersed in full time bench research in male and female reproduction. There are also lectures by international faculty, as well as opportunities to publish your work in high-impact peer reviewed medical journals and books! Please visit the site below to learn more and apply:

*** New this year: The Center for Reproductive Medicine has teamed up with the University of Southern Alabama and is now offering 6.0 graduate level research credits to all who complete the internship!

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/reproductiveresearchcenter/miscs/sumint_brochure_2011.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

When I work as a lab rat for a summer, I prefer not to PAY $2000 PLUS A $100 NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE for the privilege. In fact, there are places that will actually pay undergrads thousands of dollars for their earnest hard work.

Cleveland Clinic is putting on one of the most sadistic summer programs out there. Shame on you for promoting this garbage. Pre-meds beware.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I had a feeling that it looked scammish. Guess I was right.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Its not a scam, you can call the Cleveland Clinic main line directly and ask to be connected to Dr. Ashok Agarwal, the lead physician who is the Director of this lab.

2. The program has a fee due to the various costs associated with running the program such as supplying the oocytes and sperm, as well the international faculty who fly in to teach the courses, not to mention the publication fees that most journals demand when submitting an article (most are $1200 upwards per article). If this opportunity is not for you, that is fine, but please do not bash on it for others who may find it valuable.

I don't get how this is an "internship". You don't get paid, and it doesn't lead to a full-time job afterward if you do well.

How can anyone afford to PAY to do programs like this? Unless your parents pay for everything (lmao!!!!!), don't you need to gain money over the summer to go to school?

1. Its not a scam, you can call the Cleveland Clinic main line directly and ask to be connected to Dr. Ashok Agarwal, the lead physician who is the Director of this lab.

2. The program has a fee due to the various costs associated with running the program such as supplying the oocytes and sperm, as well the international faculty who fly in to teach the courses, not to mention the publication fees that most journals demand when submitting an article (most are $1200 upwards per article). If this opportunity is not for you, that is fine, but please do not bash on it for others who may find it valuable.

ive got plenty of sperm i dont need anyone to buy it for me