summer research program poster

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hshah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school has a 10 week summer research program (mostly lab work) where at the end, we have to prepare and present a poster on our research to the school. Do these types of posters have value when applying for residency or do they need to be published at scientific meetings to have any value? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My school has a 10 week summer research program (mostly lab work) where at the end, we have to prepare and present a poster on our research to the school. Do these types of posters have value when applying for residency or do they need to be published at scientific meetings to have any value? Thanks.

Of course there is some value and is def better than nothing.

...However (and as I can tell you already know) the value is less than that of a poster at a national conference.

Reactions: 1 user
If you finish the 10 weeks with a viable poster there is no reason you can't submit it to a relevant national conference. Then you could add both to your CV.

It still definitely counts as a presentation, and you should list it on ERAS when you apply.