Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This is specifically aimed at ones in Texas, but may not be the case:
I applied to UT Houston's Research Program recently(yes, I know I am late, but my advisor talked me into it the other day).
Issue: my MCAT is scheduled for May 31st and the program starts May 21st. I know they expect 40 hours of lab work each week, but would it be ok if I missed one day(notifying my mentor ahead of time of course) and made up the hours the rest of the week?
I'm asking out of ignorance of how strenuous they are in such formal research programs.
Thanks

number77

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Probably going to be up to your mentor. But sometimes you don't do just lab work, they are suppost to be setting up an open hear surgery day, and occasionally they'll have speakers you need to watch. Your mentor probably couldn't cover for you there though.
No one on here can give you a definite answer. :)

Vanguard23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Figured as much. It would only be one day from 11:30 until about 5, which is approximately how long the MCAT would take.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.