Summer Research Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Impuer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first post on SDN! I am currently a Junior at an east coast high-ranked university (not Ivy, though). I have been doing lab research since my first year, but have no publications yet because the data is very extensive for the project and requires a very long time to acquire them. I am pre-med, with a Spanish major. I am thinking deeply about whether or not I want to continue with research in the future, while working as a physician. My GPA is 3.8 and my ECs are exceptional.

I am interesting in applying to summer undergraduate research programs throughout the country, but was wondering if there would actually be a good chance at any of these programs. Most SURPs are usually accepting students that a) are pursuing a science major and b) are definitely looking to pursue a career in research.

In addition, my laboratory research mentor is recommending that I look into international programs. Because I am completing a Spanish major, it would be an amazing experience to work in a research laboratory in a Spanish-speaking country. Does anyone have any knowledge of programs in Latin America (Brazil included, I speak Portuguese) or Spain?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're at a high-ranked private institution, you should have access to a quite robust international/career experience center where they'll have affiliated programs, both domestic and international, that are available for you to apply for.

Start there, and do some research yourself first.