Summer Research Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trudat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey have any of you guys done these before? And if so, where? How much work was it? did u have time to enjoy the city? did u present your research...and er, anything else you can add would be great!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to one at Albert Einstein College of Med this summer. Most of them give a rough outline of the program (AECOM's culminates in a research presentation). I've heard good things from people and can't see what's not to like. You pretty much get housing, transportation, and a stipend at most of the places and get to do interesting research. Are you going to one this summer or were you thinking of applying?

why don't you check to see if your own university provides one. for example, my school is providing me a stipend/free housing to continue the research I've been doing during the year at the medical campus. does your school have a dean of undergraduate research? He or she would be a good person to talk to about summer research opportunities (that's how I got my deal set up).

I'm doing the NIH's summer internship program. I've heard great things about it, but so far I haven't gotten too much info aside from forms to fill out and what branch I'll be in.