Summer Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

^=^

S.D.N.'s BATMAN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Attn: Calling all my Gunners, Pro-Gunners, Lil' Gunners out there....lol

What are you all taking in the summer?
I was going to take the 3rd quarter of Gen Chem but it's full, arrh!

So instead, I guess I'll take:

Calculus 3
Physics- Mechanics

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Attn: Calling all my Gunners, Pro-Gunners, Lil' Gunners out there....lol

What are you all taking in the summer?
I was going to take the 3rd quarter of Gen Chem but it's full, arrh!

So instead, I guess I'll take:

Calculus 3
Physics- Mechanics

:smuggrin:

Child Psych, International Relations, and I am tutoring Organic Chem I.

I'm taking Statistics and Biology 2. It's required at my school to take summer classes, and we can't use our scholarship during the summer (the school is ripping us off) but I have to take those to catch up a little bit, I changed majors in january from forensics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking Statistics and Biology 2. It's required at my school to take summer classes, and we can't use our scholarship during the summer (the school is ripping us off) but I have to take those to catch up a little bit, I changed majors in january from forensics.

That's nice. I wish my school offered Bio in the summer. Unfortunately, the only Bio classes they offer are basic ones that have no meaning to pre-meds. What is Biology 2 btw?

I've never heard of a school doing that, and it sucks royally.

International Relations was one of my all time favorite courses.

I'm taking Ochem II this summer. Two weeks down, eight to go.

I'm hoping to enjoy it, but it is reallllly short. like a month long 2 days a week, but 4 hour lectures. It seems to be classical based which excites me, as I know latin and loved the classics/history. PS if you need help in Organic, PM me. I am pretty decent at it (obviously, if I tutor it). Miss you in the crew thread froggie, but I understand. :)

Same here. The funny this is that my university didn't have physics, so I signed up for it at a local cc. The up side is that its only $100...much cheaper than the $750 at the university. :D

I'm hoping to enjoy it, but it is reallllly short. like a month long 2 days a week, but 4 hour lectures. It seems to be classical based which excites me, as I know latin and loved the classics/history. PS if you need help in Organic, PM me. I am pretty decent at it (obviously, if I tutor it). Miss you in the crew thread froggie, but I understand. :)

I'll fill your inbox with PMs when I take Organic, :D

I'm taking the rest of my premed requirements followed by the MCAT in august. There's nothing more depressing than a summer of organic chemistry 1&2, biology 1, and chemistry 2...so far I'm rocking the courses, so hopefully i'll rock the MCAT and the adcoms will just ignored my 3.45 gpa....we'll see :)

I'm taking the rest of my premed requirements followed by the MCAT in august. There's nothing more depressing than a summer of organic chemistry 1&2, biology 1, and chemistry 2...so far I'm rocking the courses, so hopefully i'll rock the MCAT and the adcoms will just ignored my 3.45 gpa....we'll see :)

Are you taking all of these classes concurrently?

muhaha i'm TAing a course - gen chem? lab? orgo? lab? the dept hasn't told me yet. classes start tuesday :p

I've never heard of a school doing that, and it sucks royally.

Yea, it really does. Thing is, its a small school and the tuition is much lower than more known schools, but still a big chunk of change for me. This summer cost me $1,000 out of my pocket, I couldn't use my usual state scholarship and had no extra scholarships since my last two paid for only one semester. Luckily, I got in the Honors Program and since I have a gpa above 3.5, they awarded me a stipend of $250 a semester, plus my state scholarship, and then the rest of my semester tutition is like $300. Not bad, but $1,000 on the spot was irritating (my sister actually started argueing with the financial aid office)

As far as bio goes, yea they do offer it in the summer here (it's 12 weeks, unlike the usual 6 week classes). Biology 2 (here, anyway, I'm not sure about other schools) is the organism level. It's like phylums and classes, etc... Unlike bio 1, where that was molecules and DNA and stuff, bio 2 is animals, plants, etc, on a larger scale (a lot of people think it's easier than bio 1, but I liked bio 1 more).

I was thinking...maybe I should just take Physics in the Fall instead. That way I'll be sure to really learn the material instead of skimming through it in 6 weeks....Any ideas?

I think it's important to take any subject covered on the mcat during the fall/spring instead of the summer.

chem 1 and 2

calc1

:D

I think it's important to take any subject covered on the mcat during the fall/spring instead of the summer.

Ehhh not so necessary... I took physics over the summer at my university and so did a lot of my friends (all very good chem major med school applicants) and it was fine for the MCAT and looks fine on our app.

Are you taking all of these classes concurrently?

Not concurrently: I'm taking organic chem 1 and biology 1 during the first half of the summer and organic chem 2 and chem 2 during the second half. I've already taken chem 1 and biology 2, so biology 1 isn't a problem...organic isn't really that fun, though...