Summer Schedule to best prepare me for august '05 MCAT!.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mystic river 00

Mystic River 00
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore in undergrad school. (will be a junior as of summer)

Well, I am trying to figure out my summer schedule and my options are: just to take physics, by itself, because the time of the class overlaps with all of the other classes. OR, take both basic chemistry and Bio: plants (which then I wouldnt be able to take physics). I've never had physics before but I was wondering if I could teach myself, using the internet, books and what not. Which do you feel would best prepare me for the August MCAT? Along with physics, I've never taken organic chemistry. Out of the three, can anyone put in order the easiest to hardest subjects to self learn: chemistry, organic chemistry, physics. I know I won't be completely prepared for the august MCAT but I wan't to get a feel for the real thing so that's why I'll take it. However, I definitely plan to also take the test in April 2006, the 2nd semester of my junior year. Lastly, have new 2005 MCAT study books come out yet? I was considering buying 2004 books at discounted prices online but was unsure if I should do this because I don't know how much updated info. the 2005 books contain for the 2005 tests. Responses would be greatly appreciated--thanks!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what others might say, but I think taking it to get the feel for it is not a good idea. And retaking it sometimes won't cast a good light on the application either. So seems like you haven'te taken gen chem, bio, physics AND orgo. That's just pushing it, I think.

If you want to get a "fee" for the MCAT, just take a practice exam. It's not worth leaving a blemish on your record just to see how the test is.

That's my 2 cents.