Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Summer school question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hilikus, Apr 8, 2004.

1. hilikus

hilikus Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm having an internal debate at the moment on whether to take 2 classes over 2 summer terms or 3-4 classes over 2 summer terms. I will definately be taking chem 1 & 2 this summer. But I was contemplating taking calc & bio 2 as well. I'm a non-trad and although I am not in a hurry, at the same time this could knock a year off and I can take the MCAT next April.

Suggestions? Advice? Experience? All is welcome, please help me decide here.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i did chem 1 & 2 + 1 semester of calculus in the summer. that was plenty of classes for me. it was a lot of work, esp since the labs had so much class time since a semester was compressed into 4 weeks. and had i planned it right for the fall and spring i could have gotten everything done in time to take the april mcat. there are threads on this in the post-bac forum and faq too if you want to see what others have done. goodluck :)

4. hilikus

hilikus Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was thinking of trying out chem 1 in summer 1 and then based on that trying 2 classes in the next term. Thanks for the insight.