Summer Vacation before Dental school 09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothiemonster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that summer is almost here:

To those of you who have already been accepted, where and how are you going to spend your summer vacation before year 1 starts?

I'll be visiting new york and boston and probably going to LA. I'll also be putting in my two weeks notice in a retail store today. :D

Members don't see this ad.

VEGAS!!!

Alaska cruise with gf...that's if tmobile pull through my free flight thing. damn. that thing is pretty complicated.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Going to drink and try to forget where 5 years of my life went haha jk. Europe and Vegas!

Members don't see this ad :)
How are y'all financing these travels?

lol.. by tutoring my ass out n telling my students how much they need me for SAT for the last three months before I retire completely from tutoring. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well after I maxed out my Visa, I decided to charge a transatlantic flight on the AmEx. Oh freee money!

just kidding.

Nice Thread OP!

I was fortunate enough to start my summer travels early:
-I went to Korea for a couple weeks in April [parents payed]
-Planning a trip to Philly, NYC, and Boston with some buddies in June...Mini-ROADTRIP [my wallet].
-The Dominican Republic in July for a destination wedding [again my wallet].
-Las Vegas in July for Bachelor party

I'm so looking forward to the summer! Working for 1.5 years allowed me to save up some cash money and having an awesome boss who payed me while i was in Korea for two weeks definitely helped finance these trips.

working to pay off the speeding tickets i got... >.< that n try to save up a lil money before i move up to sf...

I'm doing a round-the-world trip that I've been planning and saving for for years. I worked between 20-60hrs/week in undergrad, which helped me save...that and subsidized loans :).

Honolulu - NYC - Washington DC - London - Spain - France - Germany - Austria -Italy -Greece - Turkey- Egypt - India - Thailand - Hong Kong - China - Japan - Honolulu - Baltimore ;)

I leave tomorrow for London, so I won't be on here for a while. Total cost of airfare was $4600, money saved for expenses is about the same. Have a fun summer everyone, try to avoid that swine flu.

I'm doing a round-the-world trip that I've been planning and saving for for years. I worked between 20-60hrs/week in undergrad, which helped me save...that and subsidized loans :).

Honolulu - NYC - Washington DC - London - Spain - France - Germany - Austria -Italy -Greece - Turkey- Egypt - India - Thailand - Hong Kong - China - Japan - Honolulu - Baltimore ;)

I leave tomorrow for London, so I won't be on here for a while. Total cost of airfare was $4600, money saved for expenses is about the same. Have a fun summer everyone, try to avoid that swine flu.

sounds exhausting!! u sure u wanna do that b4 dskool? haha....travel drains me (of $ and energy)

I am going to study my azz off to get a head start on all those who are out vacationing this summer!

That's what I wish, but I will be traveling to Hong Kong, Seoul, and of course Vegas!:D

wowwww, jealous.

ditto that jealous! most people do that after they've been a dentist for 15 years!
way to go on the planning and saving!!!