summer volunteer opportunities <- any suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miss MD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. im wondering if any of you know or have participated in any good medical volunteer programs ?

I've been looking them up and have found many abroad programs, but not many in the US and Canada which im interested in.
I'm interested in a summer program about 4 weeks long.. Id love to hear stories from you guys who had a great experience

Members don't see this ad.

i went on a summer volunteer trip through the international service learning organization. i believe the website is www.islonline.org

it was sweet in that you get to choose where you go, do not have to know the language, and are able to interact with both patients and medical doctors. also if you do a good job, they write a letter of recommendation for you to add to your file. i only went for 2 weeks, but i think i remember seeing 4 week options.

thanks. i just looked at the website it looks great!

i went on a summer volunteer trip through the international service learning organization. i believe the website is www.islonline.org

it was sweet in that you get to choose where you go, do not have to know the language, and are able to interact with both patients and medical doctors. also if you do a good job, they write a letter of recommendation for you to add to your file. i only went for 2 weeks, but i think i remember seeing 4 week options.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Usatina8 can you go into a little more detail about your trip? It sounds really interesting. Do they let you go with a parent? Just more info about it would be great.
Thanks!

Hi,

I am interested in volunteering in Ecuador through IFRE this summer. Has anyone volunteered through them or heard anything about them?? We were hoping to sign up ASAP, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

hmmm interesting program.