Summtertime Gen Chem at HES 1 year plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnBlack

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to get done with all my pre-requisites in a year. I don't have any pressing reason to other than the fact I don't want to spend two years doing this. I'm afraid I might get a little burned if not next year then sometime down the road. I'd just rather get it done in one intense year rather than a more laid back two years.

My plan is this (all at HES):
Summer- General Chemistry
Fall/Spring- Organic, Biology, Physics

Is this a solid plan? Has anyone here taken general chem at Harvard summer school, and if so, what did you think of it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be particularly cautious with this plan. These are intense courses with laboratories also. I'd really think hard about this. It's technically feasible but wouldn't you rather take the time to understand the material instead of rushing yourself? Good luck though in whatever you choose. It all depends on your background.

RuseMD, thanks for the reply. Even if I do spread these classes out into two years, I will still be taking 2 classes a semester. This plan adds another class plus a lab. It's a significant addition to the workload, but I don't think it's enough to break the camel's back so to speak. I don't feel like I'll be rushing through it either. I'll be dedicating a full year to 3 out of the 4 classes I need. The part I'm most concerned about is general chemistry in the summer. Anyone have opinions on that?