Sun Life Financial for Disability Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gas

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We currently have group disability, dental, and life insurance through Guardian and have so since 1995. But recently we were shopping around for a new policy (good to shop every few years to make sure you're getting the best rates) and we came across Sun Life Financial.

They say they offer own-occupation specialty and even sub-specialty-specific disability insurance. Before we jump ship with Guardian, wanted to know if anyone out there has heard of them, or has policies with them.

http://www.sunlife.com/us

Members don't see this ad.

You get what you pay for. I would stick with guardian for disability. It is the best.

I know this is an old Thread but keep in mind that there are not "The Best coverage's out there", there is the best deal for each individual based on age, gender, medical specialty, and state of residency or in the employer provided space we would look at the specialty and mix of gender/ages. In the group space for medical practices I would be looking heavily at Guardian, Sun Life, Hartford, Standard, and John Hancock. In the individual space look at Guardian, Met Life, Standard, Principal, Ameritas, Mass, and Ohio National. Now this is as of today in 2014, that lists changes so keep investigating!