Sunshine Coast Uni Hospital BPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clever pseudonym

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience working at SCUH as a BPT or otherwise in medical rotations?

I am applying for a network position 2019 having done a PHO med reg year for 2018 (PGY3).

Interested to know what sort of training/exam prep there is, and generally what the new hospital is like to work at as a med reg?

Thanks for any replies

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any experience working at SCUH as a BPT or otherwise in medical rotations?

I am applying for a network position 2019 having done a PHO med reg year for 2018 (PGY3).

Interested to know what sort of training/exam prep there is, and generally what the new hospital is like to work at as a med reg?

Thanks for any replies
This is such an IMG or international student dominated forum. It maybe a while to get a response, should you even get one.

Try the QLD junior doctors Facebook group, or the RACP BPT facebook group if you're on the college.

From the vine - there's been a lot of teething issues, which is expected of any new hospital. It may not have as well established training or teaching as a result - yet anyway. Relative to like RBWH or PA.

They are expanding again for 2020 apparently - already trying to recruit JHOs for the following year from the current 4th years applying for internship.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are expanding again for 2020 apparently - already trying to recruit JHOs for the following year from the current 4th years applying for internship.
not sure how this relates to OP's q but sure lol.

Sean, you're still an international student. Job availability tends to be the priority. which is important. but this shifts a bit later.

Training quality gradually matters a whole lot more then going to whatever hospital is desperate to take anyone with a pulse. Matters less to nil as an intern. But it becomes critical to have good teaching and support for board exams, for registrar training or BPT training.

We're passing crazy socks day too. It's also important the teams are supportive in general of DiT. There's very dysfunctional hospitals or programs in Australia too. If you go through the general residency issues forum, you'll find horror stories there. And they're universal, stuff isn't isolated to the US.

OP is about 4 years ahead of where you are.
I don't blame them for asking more about a newer program/hospital.

For example, DiT wanting subspec training go after say rbwh not to be metro, but for higher pass rates and higher rates of getting into additional AT or fellowship training.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pointers on better places to get some info - I hadn't thought of fb groups.