SUNY ACCEPTEES GPA, MCAT SCORES POST??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by AntGod22, Mar 7, 2002.

1. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    HEY WANTED TO SEE WHAT I NEED TO STRIVE FOR TO MAKE ANYONE OF THE SUNY'S . COULD YOU GUYS PLEASE POST WHAT GPA YOU HAD, WHAT SCIENCE GPA U HAD AND YOUR MCAT SCORES. THANKS ALOT

PROSPECTIVE STUDENT

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member

SUNY DOWN- 36R 3.65
    Friend of mine SUNY UP- 26P 3.73

4. trout

trout Senior Member

I pm you!

5. AntGod22

AntGod22 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks guys

6. guardian

guardian Senior Member

The 2005 class at Upstate:
    GPA: 3.6
    MCAT: 28 (8V, 10P, 10B I think)

I'd imagine the avg GPA among the SUNYs are around 3.5-3.6. Buffallo's and Stonybrook's MCATs would probably be higher.

Hey Eric, is your friend definitely coming to Upstate?

7. u2sara

u2sara Junior Member

I'm also curious as to what Stony Brook's numbers are-- I know someone with a 37P and a 3.9 who didn't even get an interview there (in-state).

8. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by u2sara:
    <strong>I'm also curious as to what Stony Brook's numbers are-- I know someone with a 37P and a 3.9 who didn't even get an interview there (in-state).</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think because they'd believe that person would not matriculate at Stony Brook if accepted. Basically they knew they were considered a safety school.

9. TweetiePie

TweetiePie Senior Member

nys resident
    undergrad gpa @ nyu 3.5
    postbac sci gpa @ liu 3.94
    mcat 30R
    accepted @ upstate, wait list @ downstate, interview @ buffalo, havent heard from stony brook

10. </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by guardian:
    <strong>The 2005 class at Upstate:
    GPA: 3.6
    MCAT: 28 (8V, 10P, 10B I think)

I'd imagine the avg GPA among the SUNYs are around 3.5-3.6. Buffallo's and Stonybrook's MCATs would probably be higher.

Hey Eric, is your friend definitely coming to Upstate?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yall can go to USNEWS and click on 'compare schools' and you'll find all these numbers and much, much more.