SUNY and other opt. schools chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d4rkka0s

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I would like to know the chances of being accepted in to SUNY with the following OAT scores: 380 Physics, 370 Orgo, 370 Chem, 340 Bio, 350 QR, 290 RC and a GPA of 3.88 - Overall and 3.84 Sci.

Will SUNY or other Opt. schools screen me out of an application review due to the low RC?

Any input is appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Not really, you'll get in anywhere.

Hello. I would like to know the chances of being accepted in to SUNY with the following OAT scores: 380 Physics, 370 Orgo, 370 Chem, 340 Bio, 350 QR, 290 RC and a GPA of 3.88 - Overall and 3.84 Sci.

Will SUNY or other Opt. schools screen me out of an application review due to the low RC?

I think you'll do fine. I had similar stats to yours on my OAT, in regards to the lower rc score. I managed to gain acceptance 4/5 schools I applied to.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar stats to you but a lower GPA (3.66 overall, 3.70 science) and overall lower scores for the OAT (330 AA/330 TS). I also scored at 290 on QR and still got accepted to SUNY.

How did you study and prepare for the OAT? Please share =)

The materials I used to study for the test were Kaplan OAT blue book from a friend of mine, MCAT Examkracker for all the subjects, OAT Destroyer, and OAT Achiever. For Physics, knowing is always half the battle as usual, so basically you need to know how to apply concepts too. Memorizing equations will only get you so far because the OATs do test conceptual portion rather than plug and chug. Biology - I am weak at this since I am Chem. major. I just memorized a bunch of random stuff using the outline from opted site but failed to retain everything. Chemistry and Organic Chemistry came natural to me since I was Chem. major. The questions were similar to what Professors would ask in college exams except this time it was multiple choice instead of free response questions. As for math, it was mainly from memory from junior high and high school since no calculus was involved. As for reading comprehension, it was never one of my strengths and it was very hard to find similar practice material on it.

The old saying practice makes perfect never gets old. I usually spend 4 hrs a day on it for 5 days a week in the beginning. When the exam was a month away I started dumping 6 + hrs in to it. This is just my 2 cents but I wish you best of luck munchy609.

Last edited:
thanks so much! i was looking into studying from examkrackers and i bought the OAT destroyer as well. thanks!