SUNY Buffalo Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgo12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i had an interview at buffalo and when i checked the status of my application on their website it said "Hold/Lettered". btw, this is less than a week following the interview and by the school they said i would get a response in 45 days. i was really impressed by the school and it is my first choice. anyone know whether hold is different than waitlist? i know this was asked before but no one seemed to know for sure. is hold better, worse, same?!?! do some people have "Waitlist" as their status when logining in to their website? what are the chances (if any) for getting accepted from a HOLD status?

Members don't see this ad.

At this time, hold is the same as waitlist, they say they take people off in March (on the letter), but after everyone is done interviewing they redo the hold list cutting of the bottom and making it a waitlist. From what I've heard there is A LOT of movement off the waitlist. Good luck.

letsgo12 said:
i had an interview at buffalo and when i checked the status of my application on their website it said "Hold/Lettered". btw, this is less than a week following the interview and by the school they said i would get a response in 45 days. i was really impressed by the school and it is my first choice. anyone know whether hold is different than waitlist? i know this was asked before but no one seemed to know for sure. is hold better, worse, same?!?! do some people have "Waitlist" as their status when logining in to their website? what are the chances (if any) for getting accepted from a HOLD status?

letsgo12 said:

I would email Mr. Rosso - he's really nice and can probably best answer your question. I'm currently holding a slot at UB, but am most likely going to give it up soon - hopefully that'll open up another spot! I've heard that UB typically goes through a large chunk of its waitlist - so if hold = waitlist, you're all set! Best of luck.

The same thing happened to me, I was put on hold (waitlist) about two weeks after the interview and it is also one of my first choices- I'm a little nervous but I read that about 60% are taken off the waitlist by the end. Good luck