SUNY Buffalo/Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zerlina

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the interview feedback on SUNY Buffalo, and some of them mention an essay- can anyone who interviewed there elaborate? I'm also interviewing at Stony Brook in the next few weeks; what was the interview day like there? I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been reading the interview feedback on SUNY Buffalo, and some of them mention an essay- can anyone who interviewed there elaborate? I'm also interviewing at Stony Brook in the next few weeks; what was the interview day like there? I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

The essay isn't a big deal. The dean uses it for the white coat ceremony if you attend next year. Or at least, that's what we were told...

Does Stony Brook have a status page, I haven't heard anything from them in ages...

Members don't see this ad :)

The interview day at Stony Brook was pretty sweet. Susan was extremely nice and very attractive. It is sort of a confusing building though. If you're walking from the undergrad campus, cross the under pass and turn right till you see the entrance. There will be three sets, use the one in the middle. Go up the escalators, and after about 2 of them, look right and you should see the office of admissions (kind of hard to miss). You'll be placed in the waiting room behind Susan's desk where you can get coffee or water if you want. They give you a folder full of information so you don't really need to bring anything but your pen. You wait into the room until your interviewer comes and pick you up. On my day, they took all of us into the family practice wing and found offices there. You'll be asked all sorts of questions depending on your interviewer. My first interviewer went through the whole cocktail whereas my second interviewer focused on my interest in medicine and Stony Brook. Any downtime will be held at the waiting room and you can admire all the pictures of past graduated classes. From 12 - 1 medical students will come in and first have a 30 minute lunch and questions session before taking you on a 30 minute tour of the university.

Some applicants will have morning interviews and some will have afternoon. I believe the latest one was scheduled for 2:15 but I could be wrong. Hope this helps. I think there is an SDN user who gives tours at Stony Brook. Maybe he can give you more insight.

I may or may not be the guy who gives tours and uses SDN from SB. The previous poster gave a great summary; nothing varies too much from that.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

dc

HEY
how long after you guys/girls were complete at Buffalo did you hear anything? I have been complete since Halloween and have not heard anything:(

Susan was extremely nice and very attractive.

Freudian slip?

hines.jpg

She's pretty. Awww Remarka|3le has a little crush...

Very cute, it's a shame I'm engaged :)

I was complete at both schools in September, and apparently Buffalo only does interviews on Wednesdays, which is probably why it too so long to hear from them (I got the invite yesterday).

What time does Stony Brook want us to arrive? I haven't gotten that info from Susan yet.

Very cute, it's a shame I'm engaged :)

I was complete at both schools in September, and apparently Buffalo only does interviews on Wednesdays, which is probably why it too so long to hear from them (I got the invite yesterday).

What time does Stony Brook want us to arrive? I haven't gotten that info from Susan yet.

Hey Zerlina,
Susan typically sends an e-mail at least a day or two prior to your interview. Your starting and ending time depends on when your first interview begins. The earliest arrival time was 9:45 if I'm remembering correctly.