SUNY Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notgettingin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called admissions and they said that a letter was coming in the mail. How does Buffalo notify you of an interview? Is this a rejection? Think it is but just checking!

Members don't see this ad.

This sucks. I thought for sure I would get invited to interview at Buffalo and Downstate, since I got invitations to Stonybrook and Upstate :( I really don't get this whole process....

Members don't see this ad :)
does your status page still work?? mine doesn't, and i haven't heard anything so it doesn't look good.

does your status page still work?? mine doesn't, and i haven't heard anything so it doesn't look good.

I checked since you asked.

My interview is still pending and I can't get into the page. There's a post in the other thread that the system is down.

This sucks. I thought for sure I would get invited to interview at Buffalo and Downstate, since I got invitations to Stonybrook and Upstate :( I really don't get this whole process....
Hey are you accepted to Upstate? I really want to be accepted, I'm dying to hear back...but I have to wait till the first week of January. Should have handed my campus preference paper in sooner!

i just called to see if they said i had a letter coming... but i was just told i am under committee review. i guess no news is good news?

i got my interview via email and then snail. good luck
you will be great on the other two interviews.

Well to update, I just got an email saying that I have been placed in the "intermediate" group. My application will be reviewed periodically, and I will either move up into the "Invite for interview" group, or the "reject" group. Thanks a lot Buffalo for giving me NOTHING.

As for the other two I have not interviewed yet. Stonybrook is on Jan 16th and Upstate is on March 14th :eek: Basically interviewing for waitlist. Kicking myself because I did not apply earlier (completed mid nov at most schools)

Well to update, I just got an email saying that I have been placed in the "intermediate" group. My application will be reviewed periodically, and I will either move up into the "Invite for interview" group, or the "reject" group. Thanks a lot Buffalo for giving me NOTHING.

As for the other two I have not interviewed yet. Stonybrook is on Jan 16th and Upstate is on March 14th :eek: Basically interviewing for waitlist. Kicking myself because I did not apply earlier (completed mid nov at most schools)

Hey...don't be so sure about the waitlist interview... Maybe yes, maybe no.

Either way, some numbers for you:

Interviews: 750
Offers: 380-390

Pretty good numbers, and that's including the waitlist, so sit tight my friend :).

me again..anyone else gotten the "intermediate" pile from Buffalo, and gotten an interview off it?

Thanks Jessy, that just made me happy :) esp on a day when I got two deferrals- UPenn and now Buffalo!

Are those numbers for Stonybrook or Upstate?

Well I was told I would be reviewed on the 20th, so I dont know if I should be expecting anything just yet.....any info?

notgettingin, sorry about the news. When were you complete? I've been waiting for a while for some news from Buffalo and my app was complete back at the end of October. My status page works and still says "No Action." Give me some action!

I was complete pretty late, got the completion email 11/7. And just heard back today about being "intermediate". Good luck to you, hope you get an invite!!

Thanks Jessy, that just made me happy :) esp on a day when I got two deferrals- UPenn and now Buffalo!

Are those numbers for Stonybrook or Upstate?

Hey, glad to be of service.

Those are those numbers that I got when I interviewed at Upstate. Man, I really hope I get in there *please please please*