SUNY Downstate Alternate List Question - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pangi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Downstate is lenient about their deadlines? I was placed on the alternate list at the end of June and although I submitted my health forms and BLS Completion Certificate by the August 1st deadline, I just placed a request for my transcript to be sent today (the deadline was August 1) Unfortunately, I think I misinterpreted the instructions thinking that an updated transcript was required only of students who were attending school in the Spring of 08. I tried calling the admissions office, but the lady I spoke with did not seem to understand my question. I hope this does not hurt my chances of getting off the waitlist! Any thoughts or insights?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Honestly, what's done is done. Just get your stuff in ASAP, regardless of deadline or not. They're not going to throw your stuff away. Personally I believe the real deadline isn't until orientation or even the first day of class.

And how did the lady not understand your question? Maybe you were too emotional or perhaps she's not in charge of the admissions office. Make sure you speak with Ms. Levine. Good luck.