• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Mastac741

10+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head if SUNY Downstate allows you to gain residency of NY and then they will allow you to pay in-state tuition the rest of the time that you're there.

I know some schools that won't allow you to do that. If you're OOS, you pay OOS tuition all 4 years.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Tatowedges

clap your hands say yeah
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head if SUNY Downstate allows you to gain residency of NY and then they will allow you to pay in-state tuition the rest of the time that you're there.

I know some schools that won't allow you to do that. If you're OOS, you pay OOS tuition all 4 years.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

1st year OOS. 2nd-4th years in state =)

About the Ads

benkev68

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2006
San Francisco
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
wow! really, was wondering the same thing, hmmm, thought ya hadda live out of dorms to be considered in state for second year, if this is not true tha would be awsome

Tatowedges

clap your hands say yeah
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
yeah you do have to live out of the dorms. but from what i understand a lot (if not most) of first year downstate students find outside housing anyway.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.