SUNY Downstate OOS Tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mastac741

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head if SUNY Downstate allows you to gain residency of NY and then they will allow you to pay in-state tuition the rest of the time that you're there.

I know some schools that won't allow you to do that. If you're OOS, you pay OOS tuition all 4 years.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head if SUNY Downstate allows you to gain residency of NY and then they will allow you to pay in-state tuition the rest of the time that you're there.

I know some schools that won't allow you to do that. If you're OOS, you pay OOS tuition all 4 years.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

1st year OOS. 2nd-4th years in state =)

Members don't see this ad :)
wow! really, was wondering the same thing, hmmm, thought ya hadda live out of dorms to be considered in state for second year, if this is not true tha would be awsome

yeah you do have to live out of the dorms. but from what i understand a lot (if not most) of first year downstate students find outside housing anyway.