SUNY Downstate Secondary: how to use Adobe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bashini

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
The SUNY Downstate secondary is posted on their website. I have Adobe 8.1 but I can't type directly on the application. Does anyone know how to type directly on the form? I know I can write with pen, but it gives very little space for the answers. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

this is what i did last year for Downstate:

1. printed it out
2. used a Typewriter to fill in the blanks

hope that helps ;)

Hi,
The SUNY Downstate secondary is posted on their website. I have Adobe 8.1 but I can't type directly on the application. Does anyone know how to type directly on the form? I know I can write with pen, but it gives very little space for the answers. Thanks!
It's not set up like GW's secondary where if you have Acrobat you can type directly on the application. However, if you want to go through the trouble, you can use Acrobat to create field forms in which you can enter text.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need Acrobat Professional. I hand-wrote everything. I attached my answers for the short answer questions and the grid for pre-req classes on separate sheets.

You need Acrobat Professional. I hand-wrote everything. I attached my answers for the short answer questions and the grid for pre-req classes on separate sheets.

Or if you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to fill out one application, you could get PDFill.

did you guys already submit your secondary to downstate? did you get an invite, and if so, when?
Thanks!

Hi,

scan it...open it in photoshop or other photo editing software and type away....even with a Serif font, if you like.