SUNY Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

ForensicPath

I got a letter from SUNY Downstate that my application was on hold until I send them my fall grade report. The thing is that my fall grades won't be in until december or january. I'm wondering if it will hurt my chances being on hold until january. I guess its better than an immediate rejection though.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it will hurt you....i interviewed in mid to laet january and got in late february.....i know others that didnt interview till march were wait listed and got plucked off in the summer....if you do well in the fall then it will help you....good luck

They told me a similar thing before they had even see my application because I took the MCAT and sent in AMCAS before completeing all of my pre-med requirements.

Out of curiousity, are you in the same boat? Most schools don't seem to care, as long as you did OK on the MCAT, although Cornell is very explicit about you having to have completed all the reqs. by January of the year you are applying. I will still have a semester to do at that point, so I didn't bother applying to Cornell--their loss, of an application fee if nothing else.

This shouldn't hurt you, as met19 points out, since Downstate has as late of a rolling addmssions process as any school I know of. I think the ADCOM consideres first-time applicants (as opposed to people on the wait list) well into April or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have completed all my premed requirements. I guess they just want to make sure that I do well this semester before they interview me.

if you guys haev any questions feel free