SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

SUNY notification

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by wes c. adle, Dec 5, 2001.

1. wes c. adle

wes c. adle Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Syracuse, NY
    How long does it generally take for the SUNY schools to decided post-interview? I hear that they are typically pretty fast. I interviewed at 3 in early/mid-November and I'm starting to get a little anxious.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. choker

choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2001
    nyc
    i know stonybrook meets at least once at the end of each month and overnight fedexes acceptances the next day (although i heard over the phone when i called and just asked). they go over all interviewees done since the last meeting (even ones they did that day). i think that if you're not notified by the end of the month at stonybrook, you're either rejected or waitlisted.
    the only other suny school i know is downstate, which is pretty behind_ they interviewed a lot recently, but i dont think they plan on sending out their next batch of acceptances for a while (at least another month).

-good luck

4. wes c. adle

wes c. adle Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Syracuse, NY
    Choker,

Were you acepted at Stonybrook? About how long did it take from your interview date?

5. choker

choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2001
    nyc
    interviewed on tuesday, nov. 27, called and accepted nov. 30, letter came dec. 1

-pretty damn quick, eh?
    dont worry about it, they accept different people at different times. i heard that they determine who they accept when by a "priority date" which is determined by your grades, scores, interview, etc. im sure you'll find out soon.

-good luck.

6. Harry Truman

Harry Truman Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2001
    After interviewing at SUNY Upstate approximately one month ago, I just received notice that I was placed on the High Priority Alternate List. Does anyone know what exactly this means? Is there more than one waitlist? What are my chances of getting accepted? When can I expect to hear from them? This is the only school I've interviewed at, and I don't have any others scheduled. I haven't heard from anywhere else.

Thanks much. :cool: :D

7. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member Physician 10+ Year Member

Jun 24, 2001

8. Harry Truman

Harry Truman Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Thanks Andrew! I too read the letter, but I was just wondering what the reality is behind their statements. The letter says that many applicants on the list are offered acceptances. It doesn't say that everyone is taken off of the list. Also, the letter says that if I don't hear anything by June 1st I should contact them. Based on the experience of applicants in the past, what are my 'actual' chances of being taken of this particular list? Is there really another list, or do they just give a fancy name to their waitlist? What is the earliest date, in your opinion, that I might here from them?

Thanks again.

9. me2

me2 Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 30, 2001
    NY
    I've interviewed at Downstate on Oct 23, three weeks later I received a letter saying that they are awaiting my verified AMCAS ( which I completed in on July 15)- apparently they require a hard copy of the verified AMCAS and do not except electronic verification. That appears to be the major reason for their delayed response.
    It's been seven weeks and I am still waiting for an official word. Apparently I am not alone, because three other people that interviewed there about the same time as I, are also in the dark.
    I have never been more anxious in my life :eek:

10. Smokey223

Smokey223 Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2001
    NY and PA
    Cucumber Cal-My best friend interviewed at Upstate Feb 2001 (for the class of Fall 2001) and was subsequently placed on the "high priority alternate list". He then received an official acceptance in April, and currently attends Upstate. He also told me that he has met at least 10 others who were waitlisted and now attend Upstate. Hope this helps and best of luck!
    :)