SUNY stony brook vs CUNY hunter committee letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gegogi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, folks
I am taking hunter science classes as a post bac student. It's good to get an easy A than I did before, and good quality of science class considering the extremely cheap tuition. I am enjoying. But, it's too hard to squeeze into the class which I had on mind to take next semester. Actually, I didn't get into the orgo1 class at hunter this semester, so I am taking it at an another college. :(
So, I applied to both SUNY at Stony Brook and CUNY at hunter. Oh, one more CUNY at city college because there is always open seats!! I can take what I want to take! But, I don't know much about city college.

So, I am considering where to go. I am planing to apply dental schools next cycle...
Stony brook pre health committee said that they can afford to give their committee letter for students who took prerequisites over 11 credits at Stony brook. And, hunter pre health committee(L.woodhill) said she can do for students who took 6 lectures and 6 labs at hunter. I guess L.Woodhill's committee letter would be better and stronger than Stony brook's because L.Woodhill is famouse in this field(I don't know she is in dental, but in medical, she definately is) and qulitification to get an committee letter is more strict than Stony brook's. What do you think?

But, I guess Stony Brook's science class is harder because when I looked around their website(bio, chem academic website), they do an online quiz every week, and I feel more strict and well-organized. In hunter? only biology with Dr.Alaie is extremely hard, but other?? it's easy to get an A. Always extra credits in chem...

I don't know which one is better. I am getting FAFSA financial aid, so I don't care of money. I guess both are almost same. But, committe letter is almost same? you think?

Members don't see this ad.