SUNY Syracuse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
question for anyone that might know-

what is the acceptance ratio from SUNY Syracuse after interviews?

I've heard that it's quite high, but that could be rumor :) I got an interview for 11/13 and I am not a NY resident- but as far as I know SUNY Syracuse doesn't give in-state pref anymore. Anyone know about this too?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i talked to a lady in the admissions office and she said that over the last few years, there's been more of a trend to accept out of state residents than before
sorry i don't have any concrete info

Im a 2nd year at upstate and they interview about 550 people and in the past have usually accepted about 390 of those but last year they accepted about 350 (im not estimating i know these numbers are true)

any questions about upstate ill be happy to answer just send me a message

Members don't see this ad :)
oh and yes they dont have a preference for out of state compared however most of the class is still from new york (2005: 8% OOS, 2006 14% OOS)

Mikegoal:

Any idea how many of those 350 acceptances come from a waitlist? I should hear from Syracuse in about a week and am wondering if they accept a majority of interviewees soon after the interview, or if they only take a small fraction initially and then offer places to waitlisted students in the spring (I know that Buffalo does this).

Thanks.

it is problay a mixture depending on how good an applicant i do know that a significant portion of the class comes off the high priority waitlist

They interviewing yet? My roommate's waiting..... and waiting...

I have heard from a 3rd year at Upstate that everybody from the prioty wait list has been accepted in the past.

They interviewing yet? My roommate's waiting..... and waiting...

my interview is 11/13 :) the guy actually called me for the interview. i'm not used to that :)

yes most of the time the entire high prority list has been accepted however last year i dont believe everyone did. They have been interviewing for about 6 weeks i would say

smilez: the admissions staff here is great good luck i just hope you dont get me for your interview:D

due to amcas' flops last year, a number of schools did not accept everyone from their 1st tier wait list. it is a best bet to say that if you are on the 1st wait list for upstate, you will get in.