SUNY Syracuse

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by smilez428, Oct 28, 2002.

1. smilez428

smilez428 Senior Member

question for anyone that might know-

what is the acceptance ratio from SUNY Syracuse after interviews?

I've heard that it's quite high, but that could be rumor :) I got an interview for 11/13 and I am not a NY resident- but as far as I know SUNY Syracuse doesn't give in-state pref anymore. Anyone know about this too?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rCubed

rCubed taiko master

i talked to a lady in the admissions office and she said that over the last few years, there's been more of a trend to accept out of state residents than before
    sorry i don't have any concrete info

4. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM

Im a 2nd year at upstate and they interview about 550 people and in the past have usually accepted about 390 of those but last year they accepted about 350 (im not estimating i know these numbers are true)

any questions about upstate ill be happy to answer just send me a message

5. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM

oh and yes they dont have a preference for out of state compared however most of the class is still from new york (2005: 8% OOS, 2006 14% OOS)

6. Trajan

Trajan Senior Member

Mikegoal:

Any idea how many of those 350 acceptances come from a waitlist? I should hear from Syracuse in about a week and am wondering if they accept a majority of interviewees soon after the interview, or if they only take a small fraction initially and then offer places to waitlisted students in the spring (I know that Buffalo does this).

Thanks.

7. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM

it is problay a mixture depending on how good an applicant i do know that a significant portion of the class comes off the high priority waitlist

8. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member

They interviewing yet? My roommate's waiting..... and waiting...

9. wholly

wholly Member

I have heard from a 3rd year at Upstate that everybody from the prioty wait list has been accepted in the past.

10. smilez428

smilez428 Senior Member

my interview is 11/13 :) the guy actually called me for the interview. i'm not used to that :)

11. mikegoal

mikegoal rebmeM

yes most of the time the entire high prority list has been accepted however last year i dont believe everyone did. They have been interviewing for about 6 weeks i would say

smilez: the admissions staff here is great good luck i just hope you dont get me for your interview:D

12. wholly

wholly Member

due to amcas' flops last year, a number of schools did not accept everyone from their 1st tier wait list. it is a best bet to say that if you are on the 1st wait list for upstate, you will get in.