SUNY UB vs SUNY SB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guavero

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please choose which school is better and if you have time... :) post why you think so! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much. I wonder why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guavero
Congrats on getting into UB. Did you get into Stony Brook also. Or are you on the waitlist at Stony Brook. If so, are you high priority.

My question is which has a better clinical education.

I'm from Buffalo and I know those Buffalo hospitals are pretty excellent.

Doc AdamK,

I'm in a similar situation as ChemE. I got the acceptance letter yesterday for UB and I'm waiting for SB.

To answer your question, I'm in the high priority list for SB, but I think there's only one waiting list and everyone in that waiting list falls into this "high priority list". I actually called and asked about this.

Also, I read somewhere in this forum, that the list won't see much movement until after the 15th... With most of the movement taking place sometime in June :)

The reason why I'd like to see which one is better (SB or UB) is because I don't think I was able to find any information regarding the rankings and/or an objective assessment for either school. Not even my pre-med advisor was able to provide me with some help. It does seem that the majority think that SB is better. I would like to see more how they come to this conclusion :)

Doc, keep us posted, I'm sure you'll get in :) It's more a matter of time!

El Tico

non medical Spanish
--------------------------------
cuate = friend in Mexico

Guavero:

Do you think if you interviewed and received a waitlist letter stating that you were in this high priority catergory prior to other people that you would be ahead of these people on the list? Or do you think they move a person's standing on the waitlist?

AK

Doc Adam,

I think that since both waitlists are ranked... they move, based on the ranking :) and not on a rolling basis.

El tico

Non medical Spanish,
----------------
brete = work in Costa Rica

Stony Brook is such a great school, and the accesibility to NYC is great. Too much snow in Buffalo