1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

SUNY upstate Alumni?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mastac741, May 3, 2007.

1. Mastac741

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Not sure where else to post this. I don't think there's an alumni section, but I'm struggling right now to decide between 3 schools - SUNY Upstate, SUNY Downstate, and Georgetown.

I've read a lot of negative things about SUNY Upstate from recent graduates on SDN saying that the clinical training is seriously lacking - that most don't know how to draw blood, and do an LP, and are very behind their peers when they enter residency.

SUNY Downstate - everyone says that the clincials are amazing. I just don't know how I'd feel about living in Brooklyn. I'm from Denver, Colorado and this would be quite an adjustment for me.

Georgetown - I thought Georgetown was great. It's just rediculously expensive.

Anyone know of an alumni that could confirm or rebute the following information? (Especially SUNY Upstate - I have to make a decision very soon). Please PM me!

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Moving to Pre-Allo as this is a pre-med issue. Allopathic medical students read and reply to threads in Pre-Allo and can do so with this thread.