Suny Upstate Interview On Monday!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olaribs14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first interview ever. If anyone has interviewed @ SUNY upstate or has any tips in general, please share! THANKS in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

olaribs14 said:
Hi guys, this is my first interview ever. If anyone has interviewed @ SUNY upstate or has any tips in general, please share! THANKS in advance!

Relax, it is the most stress-free interview day. The interviews are just conversations. It was my first interview too, so I thought I would be nervous, but they really made it as relaxed as possible. All the people in my group had a good experience too. In fact, they tell you that in case you feel that your interview was stressful you can have a third interview and they will not look at the stressful one. Good luck!

I just interviewed there last week. Interviews are stress-free, they really want to get to know you as you will realize, mostly conversational. Your day will be very flexible, meaning you will have a lot of free time to do whatever you want - sit in classes, walk around the campus, talk to students, etc. Just relax and be able to talk about yourself, and you will do fine. Good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Extremely stress free. Really laid back. THis is a good way to start off your interviews. Just be yourself. Also check the Med School Interview Feedback page on here. Tons of help there too.

olaribs14 said:

I LOVED my interview at SUNY. I went in expecting nothing and not knowing much about the school and came out a crazed SUNY fan. The administration was so friendly and comforting. Absolutely no stress. We even got a "pep talk" from the dean of student life. He told us straight up what would be asked/mentioned during the interview. It was pretty funny actually.

My only recommendation is to try to interview with a student. It is optional, but it definately made the difference with me. Call in and ask if there are any students still available to interview with!

olaribs14 said:

Oh yeah, one more thing....

If there is anything you are ashamed of within your application, TELL THEM ABOUT IT AND EXPLAIN IT!!!! I did this and my interviewer seemed particularly happy that I did so. It must have helped, becuase I was accepted a few weeks later.