SUNY Upstate interview.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Surf Rx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a call to schedule an interview and after I scheduled my date the lady told me that I should be receiving a packet of info in the mail (email/snail mail) sometime soon regarding the interview. Is this information important because I still haven't received it yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call to schedule an interview and after I scheduled my date the lady told me that I should be receiving a packet of info in the mail (email/snail mail) sometime soon regarding the interview. Is this information important because I still haven't received it yet?

I am waiting for it also. I think its important, because it probably gives cheap hotels that you can stay at the night before. And most importantly: the place of your interview...haha :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't wait for the forms, start scheduling now. I didn't get the forms through snail-mail until I came back from the interview (they were so disorganized that they actually had to email them to the interviewers a few days before the interview). You need to call in at least a week or two in advance to stay with a student, so if you want to do that you should call asap to schedule it. If you need to book a hotel, just visit their admissions website (they have phone numbers listed of hotels that offer discounted rates).

They also sent a form that asked if it was okay to be interviewed by a student. I never submit that form and I had no problems, so don't stress about that.

Don't wait for the forms, start scheduling now. I didn't get the forms through snail-mail until I came back from the interview (they were so disorganized that they actually had to email them to the interviewers a few days before the interview). You need to call in at least a week or two in advance to stay with a student, so if you want to do that you should call asap to schedule it. If you need to book a hotel, just visit their admissions website (they have phone numbers listed of hotels that offer discounted rates).

They also sent a form that asked if it was okay to be interviewed by a student. I never submit that form and I had no problems, so don't stress about that.

im pretty sure you schedule the date, then get the forms.

in any case, the packet IS important, at least mine was. it contains a confirmation form that you need to send BACK. mine came SOO late that i had to fax it back. definently get on their case about it. the form is really simple, it contains your interview date, what you want to eat, and a sign here box. this is what they did for me, they might have gotten rid of it

and i stayed at the gennesse grand. it was 75 dollar a night but it was MAGNIFICENT! the lobby was suppperrr nice and so were the rooms.

good luck on your interview! :thumbup:

thanks a bunch nekrogg and raekwon. i really appreciate the info and the luck.

I got the packet around a week after I scheduled the date. Yay, I think it is important as it has the confirmation form that you need to send back. My interview is on Nov1. Good luck guys! =)

What are all of your stats, and are you guys instate or oos? Im anxiously waiting for an interview, although I am a august mcater.

What are all of your stats, and are you guys instate or oos? Im anxiously waiting for an interview, although I am a august mcater.

34Q (9,12,13), 3.76. I am canadian though. we need high stats to get an interview. :( ANYWHERE!

im trying to schedule my flight and was wondering if anyone knew what time the interview gets out for SUNY Upstate?

Actually the packet isn't that important. There is a form you have to send back but I know that fellow interviewees handed it in ON the day of the interview (the form was to confirm that you were attending). There is also a map of the school which you can get offline. Also there is a pamplet for a hotel but the school offers student housing!

In any case, I ended up calling in and getting the electronic versions of the packet so no, getting the packet is not important.

im trying to schedule my flight and was wondering if anyone knew what time the interview gets out for SUNY Upstate?

No worries about running late. We were finished by 230. I had scheduled a late flight (7ish), but got to the airport at 330. Luckily, the guy was able to get me onto an earlier flight, so no hanging around for hours on end. Good Luck.

3.8 32 mcat