SUNY upstate (Syracuse) and SUNY Buffalo-I have a double whammy situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
As an out of state applicant for the SUNY system AND being an Asian American, I'm wondering if my stat of 3.42 overall, 3.74 BCPM and say 29-30 MCAT (to be taken in Aug) will allow me any chance at all for admission. Isn't this like a double whammy situation.....OOS and being an Asian American? Do you know of any out of staters with similar stats as mine who is either Caucasian or Asian American who gained acceptances at above schools?

I'm starting to mail out secondary applications. And every time I write a check for a school that have overall accepted GPA of 0.2 above my overall GPA I start to wonder I even have a chance due to my ethnicity.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
As an out of state applicant for the SUNY system AND being an Asian American, I'm wondering if my stat of 3.42 overall, 3.74 BCPM and say 29-30 MCAT (to be taken in Aug) will allow me any chance at all for admission. Isn't this like a double whammy situation.....OOS and being an Asian American? Do you know of any out of staters with similar stats as mine who is either Caucasian or Asian American who gained acceptances at above schools?

I'm starting to mail out secondary applications. And every time I write a check for a school that have overall accepted GPA of 0.2 above my overall GPA I start to wonder I even have a chance due to my ethnicity.
Thanks

There are a lot of people who are out of state that get in to those schools. I myself am currently on the waitlist. There are a good number who get interviews too. You definitely have a chance.

Why did you put your ethnicity if you feel it will be a neg on your application? You're not required to put anything are you?

Yea, but its kind of hard to hide your ethnicity given that your name will probably reveal it.