SUNY Upstate vs. Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ek6

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who have seen or heard things about these two schools - which would you rather go to and why?

Also, feel free to pitch in if you particularly like UB or Downstate as well. It'd be particularly nice to hear from people who are students at these schools.

Members don't see this ad.

My friend recently got into Stonybrook and he will be going there. It is by far the best SUNY med school and has great research opporunities as well as clinical training. As far as Upstate, my friend got in there also but he feel that he would have more opporunities at SB. He thought it was way too cold in Syracuse. he just did not get the vibe there. However, it all depends on which school you enjoyed the most, fits you best, and makes you happiest.
;)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks a lot for the link, ischemia. it sounded like you liked UB the best - are you planning on going there?
in any case, congrats on getting into the suny's - that's awesome.

Originally posted by ek6
thanks a lot for the link, ischemia. it sounded like you liked UB the best - are you planning on going there?
in any case, congrats on getting into the suny's - that's awesome.

Aside from the weather, which is simply painful, I did like UB the best. However, there are personal factors which are more important to me than which school I like, and thus I already withdrew from Buffalo. I do not yet know where I will be going.