SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDHopeful1880

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am currently applying for the 2003 entering class. I interviewed at Upstate about three weeks ago and am still waiting for a reply. I really loved the school and the fact that I went to Binghamton as an undergrad may have something to do with it (early exposure maybe?). Anyhow, I was told by an Upstate student (4th yr) that all seats are already full and it's too late in the game. I am also going nuts waiting!! So a few q's - could Upstate students please let me know how late in the interview season you interviewed as well as when you heard that you were accepted? Also, how were your stats - is that a big factor in deciding on who is accepted post interview? I also sent in a letter of intent and a transcript from my graduate program from last semester when I received a 3.5 - how much weight do you think these will carry? I apologize for the long post but I appreciate any help or info that you can provide. Thank you and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

First off you are not too late in the game. I don't know who told you that but now you know not to listen to them any more.

I was scheduled for my interview on February 28,2000 but had it moved up due to a cancelation to Dec 3 of 1999. I got my acceptance letter exactly 2 weeks later. I had a 3.67 and 28 MCAT, not eye-popping scores.

Getting back to that "too late in the game" business. I know members of my class who were accepted off the waiting list 3 days before orientation started, so hang in there. Upstate does not require a payment to hold a seat (at least when I was accepted) so everybody says yes, however, not everybody comes, so there is an extensive pooling from the waiting list. I would say that if you interview and you feel that it went well it probably did, if you are accepted great, if the waiting list don't lose hope.

Hope this answers some questions and is what you were looking for.

Thanks vitaminj . . . i appreciate your help. I am still waiting on that decision but hopefully it'll be soon. I am thinking of giving them a call tomorrow because that will be be almost four weeks. Take care.