super last minute application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlofdestiny

lurker extraordinaire
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to a sudden family issue, I've decided I'd be better off doing residency closer to home. I submitted applications on Wednesday to 4 programs in my area, 2 of which have deadlines that are still a few weeks away, and 2 of which do not list any deadline on their websites.

My question: I understand I need to acknowledge that these applications are late but that I am nonetheless very interested in these programs. How do I make this known? Call or email the PC? What should I say?

Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.
Fwiw, I'm an AMG applying for IM and these programs are reasonable, considering my #s, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Given how late it is in the application season and the special circumstances in your situation, I would recommend emailing the program directors directly. Good luck, I hope it works out for you :)

I agree. Send the PD an email directly. Everything I've heard thus far is that programs expect a lot of January interview cancellations, so even though your application is late, you may still have a good chance of landing an interview. Best of luck!

I would also call as it speeds things up. Just tell them your situation.