Supplemental Passages specific to chapter? MCATJELLY guide addon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atheene

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to look for chapter specific passages, and some supplemental materials?

I will be following @mcatjelly guide pretty solidly, My MCAT 2015 Study Schedule fully committing to mcat studying starting May 4th for an August 11 test day

I have: full EC 10th edition (new edition), EC 101 verbal passages book, ALL AAMC materials, TPR biochem + psych/socio, Khan academy

I don't have: anything else lol: tpr, kaplan, kaplan528...

I think I need to add something else to my materials but not sure what? Not worrying about FL for now will prob get all EC/next step FLs, just something else supplemental?

I really like the idea of after going through a chapter doing supplemental passages for that chapter from another book but where should I look? Should I just by the old tbr set and do that or?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to look for chapter specific passages, and some supplemental materials?

I will be following @mcatjelly guide pretty solidly, My MCAT 2015 Study Schedule fully committing to mcat studying starting May 4th for an August 11 test day

I have: full EC 10th edition (new edition), EC 101 verbal passages book, ALL AAMC materials, TPR biochem + psych/socio, Khan academy

I don't have: anything else lol: tpr, kaplan, kaplan528...

I think I need to add something else to my materials but not sure what? Not worrying about FL for now will prob get all EC/next step FLs, just something else supplemental?

I really like the idea of after going through a chapter doing supplemental passages for that chapter from another book but where should I look? Should I just by the old tbr set and do that or?

Have you considered the EK 101 Bio molecules/systems books for passages?

You absolutely have to get TBR science books and access to the AAMC practice material. Your material collection is lacking in general when it comes to passages, the most important part. Look at any well reasoned study plan at SDN and you will see that passages from AAMC and TBR are a major part of it.

You absolutely have to get TBR science books and access to the AAMC practice material. Your material collection is lacking in general when it comes to passages, the most important part. Look at any well reasoned study plan at SDN and you will see that passages from AAMC and TBR are a major part of it.

I would have to disagree about "absolutely having to get TBR science books." For a lot of people, these books are out of budget, so pinning someone down for not having those is illogical. OP, yes, TBR science books are considered great practice material, but by no means are they absolutely necessary. The general consensus of the "absolute musts" would have to be AAMC materials. You should be fine with the materials you currently have. If you have extra $$$ to shell out, consider TBR.

I have two words: USED books. I bought some new and mixed it in with some used books. After selling off my books after I was finished, I spent less than $100 counting shipping.

We all have our perspectives, but for me, having tons of passages and great answer explanations was more than worth the price. I honestly don't think I could have scored nearly as high as I did if I didn't do passages that challenged me. Compared to how much the application is going to cost, I was able to get all the MCAT materials I needed for one-tenth the cost of applying.