Supplies to start medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peace420

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Outside of the required textbooks, what school supplies should one bring for medical school or should we buy them when we get there

peace

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't buy anything actually. I know it's tempting to want to buy all you can now to be prepared, but you may wind up buying alot you don't need doing it that way. All schools are different. Wait until the first week of class. Talk to second and third years. Some of the "required" books and equipment aren't in fact required at all some places. I'd say the only things you definitely could be comfortable getting up front would be a stethoscope and an anatomy atlas. Good luck.

With the exception of stationary supplies..I wouldn't get anything else yet. Even the Anantomy atlases can be bought second-hand during the ist week or you may have a "big" 2nd year who'll probably donate his/her books to you. Or...if you join AMSA you'll get a Netter for free ('course AMSA has the joining fee...~$60)