Support group for those still waiting on ii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfguy84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been complete everywhere for a while now and STILL haven't heard a word. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I'm seeing all of these ii's go out in the interview invite thread, and it's been crickets here. Hard to not get worried...who all has been complete for a while and still waiting?

Complete everywhere August 9-13.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm on the same boat....but I know friends who were complete in July and they said they started hearing back in August...so stay optimistic! You'll probably be hearing back soon!

So I've been complete everywhere for a while now and STILL haven't heard a word. Anyone else out there in the same boat? I'm seeing all of these ii's go out in the interview invite thread, and it's been crickets here. Hard to not get worried...who all has been complete for a while and still waiting?

The same happened to me last cycle, first interview received early October. Don't trip chocolate chip, it's still plenty early in the cycle and y'all have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was one of the very first people to submit (June-early July) and started hearing back mid-August, so I think you'll be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Try to think this way. Sept interviews are probably for early decision applicants because schools must give them answer by Oct 1st. So interview in Oct or Nov are actually early for reguar applicants.

It took a really long time for AAMCOS to verify me; my fault I guess, I had International Transcripts that I had sent but didn't realize had to be verified via a third party. Anyway, didn't get verified until mid august. I have gotten secondarys from six schools, but no ii? Stressing.

I just got put on hold at western and my GPA is 3.7 and MCAT >31. What the heck

Count me in. Complete at 5/10 or so schools as of yesterday. No IIs.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is comforting. Seems like a lot of good candidates with few to no ii's yet.

need a supports group for those still waiting on verification... ugh

Reactions: 3 users
Roughly how long after being complete can we expect an II?

Roughly how long after being complete can we expect an II?
Got my western ii after a week. Over a month now for many others and haven't heard a peep. I think it's hard to give a guideline...

Got my western ii after a week. Over a month now for many others and haven't heard a peep. I think it's hard to give a guideline...

I see. To be fair, I've only submitted secondaries in the past 1-3 days, and I just had Interfolio send my letters yesterday. So it may be a while for schools to mark me "complete". And after I am marked complete, it may take some additional time for them to send me II.

So it's still too early for me to worry, right?

I see. To be fair, I've only submitted secondaries in the past 1-3 days, and I just had Interfolio send my letters yesterday. So it may be a while for schools to mark me "complete". And after I am marked complete, it may take some additional time for them to send me II.

I think it is too early to worry for you.

Considering u aren't even complete anywhere....yes its too early.

Same boat!

We should do this similar to the ii thread...

Date (s) complete, stats, # replies, #still waiting to hear from.

*replies = ii, rejection, hold.

Aug 9-13, 3.5s/3.3c/30, 3, 17

We should do this similar to the ii thread...

Date (s) complete, stats, # replies, #still waiting to hear from.

*replies = ii, rejection, hold.

Aug 9-13, 3.5s/3.3c/30, 3, 17

August 16, 3.4s,3.3c, 27 mcat 6 replies, 1 interview, no rejections

Start of another week....getting more nervous though....nearly 5 weeks since I submitted and still waiting on 12 schools....

Wooo! II from touro ca just now! Patience really is needed...

Complete 8/13.

Edit: and another ii just as I'm writing this message! Kcumb, complete 9/11.

If I receive II invites staring late September, around what dates will my actual interviews be? November?

As of last Thursday/Friday-ish, I am complete at most places. When should I start to expect IIs?

If I receive II invites staring late September, around what dates will my actual interviews be? November?

Most likely yes, mid to late November, potentially early December

As of last Thursday/Friday-ish, I am complete at most places. When should I start to expect IIs?

DMU gives a timeline of 60 days to respond with interview, on-hold, or rejection. I would expect at least 3-6 weeks before hearing unless you have ridiculous stats.

Most likely yes, mid to late November, potentially early December

DMU gives a timeline of 60 days to respond with interview, on-hold, or rejection. I would expect at least 3-6 weeks before hearing unless you have ridiculous stats.

would a 3.6 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, 33 MCAT count as "ridiculous stats"?

would a 3.6 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA, 33 MCAT count as "ridiculous stats"?

Not with a 3.35 sGPA. It's nothing to scoff at, but if you had >3.5 then you're basically in MD stat territory. It also depends on what schools you applied to. I would think most schools would jump at an applicant with your stats, but my 3-6 week is really just a safe guess. You don't have anything to worry about this cycle though, you'll get in somewhere, most likely multiple places.

Not with a 3.35 sGPA. It's nothing to scoff at, but if you had >3.5 then you're basically in MD stat territory. It also depends on what schools you applied to. I would think most schools would jump at an applicant with your stats, but my 3-6 week is really just a safe guess. You don't have anything to worry about this cycle though, you'll get in somewhere, most likely multiple places.

Thanks. Other than PCOM, I mostly applied to low/mid tier DO schools. And so far, I have one II to an MD school.

Thanks. Other than PCOM, I mostly applied to low/mid tier DO schools. And so far, I have one II to an MD school.

I'm not much of a believer in tiers, but the higher "tier" (i.e. more long standing DO schools, PCOM, DMU, CCOM, KCUMB, KCOM) would jump at applicants like you. Just my opinion, but you'll do well! No worries!

I'm not much of a believer in tiers, but the higher "tier" (i.e. more long standing DO schools, PCOM, DMU, CCOM, KCUMB, KCOM) would jump at applicants like you. Just my opinion, but you'll do well! No worries!

Maybe I should add KCUMB to my app...they have been sending me emails after emails asking me to apply.

Maybe I should add KCUMB to my app...they have been sending me emails after emails asking me to apply.

Idk why people keep saying KCUMB is top tier. It's not. Avg stats are 3.6/26. Mid tier at best. No offense of course but "top tier" is thrown around so liberally

It's only been like 2.5 weeks since I submitted some secondaries and a few days for the rest but I am already starting to freak out and I worry that my essay was terrible and they hated it. I think I just need to be patient but I was really hoping to get at least one II in two weeks. I don't know why I picked two weeks. Anyway. I just am venting. Guess I need to be patient.

Idk why people keep saying KCUMB is top tier. It's not. Avg stats are 3.6/26. Mid tier at best. No offense of course but "top tier" is thrown around so liberally

Idk why you keep "tier"-ing schools based on admission stats. Idk why you flip out when someone "tiers" wrong either.

The more longstanding schools have better reputations because of how long they have been around. KCUMB was founded in 1916, a mere 18 years after DMU was founded. Through logical reasoning, a school that has produced graduates for almost 100 years is going be more well known than a newer academic institution and will have more practice in implementing curriculum changes, building relationships with rotation sites, and what have you.

You really cannot base your delineation of "tiers" on strictly admission stats. No bueno compadre.

It's only been like 2.5 weeks since I submitted some secondaries and a few days for the rest but I am already starting to freak out and I worry that my essay was terrible and they hated it. I think I just need to be patient but I was really hoping to get at least one II in two weeks. I don't know why I picked two weeks. Anyway. I just am venting. Guess I need to be patient.

I know this is hard advice to take, but deep breaths, this is a process. I was freaking out just a week ago and now have two II's - hang in there.

Reactions: 3 users
It seems like it. Every post he has to ask if said school is "high or low" tier. But you know if admit stats are super important to you then be my guest haha...

Not a tier troll. Admit stats are important to me because it tells me how the student body will be. Better admit stats ---> better board scores ---> better residencies

Not a tier troll. Admit stats are important to me because it tells me how the student body will be. Better admit stats ---> better board scores ---> better residencies

Interesting.....you say KCUMB has lackluster admit stats, yet they have posted some pretty spectacular match lists each year. Even last years match list was very good in comparison to other schools. Your argument begins to fall apart right there.

Peer performance isn't what matters. Your performance is. Unless you're in one of the most prestigious medical schools (we're talking top 10) your performance is going to be by far and away more important than anything else. Even if you went to freakin' Harvard, you're probably looking at a bad match if you failed a year and scored a 192 on Step 1.

Edit: was going to advise but there's no point. Best of luck in choosing the right school for you.