Suprising

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, after doing really well on my first Kaplan full-length since I started the class I decided to take my first AAMC test today and was I surprised. The sciences was definitely easier, and the verbal MUCH harder. Heres how it went

2/14/06
Kaplan
Verb 13 Bio 11 Phys 10

Today AAMC
Verb 10 Bio 11 Phys 11

Shooting for:
Verbal 11-12, Bio 13, Phys 12

(I missed having a 12 in the bio section by one question so I think I'm basically there for a 12). In any case. I am shooting for a 34-36 by April 7 (which seems like basically tomorrow). Any suggestions how I can make that 3-4 push in the last month? Should I be worried since there was such a drastic difference between my Kaplan and AAMC score?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have much input but the AAMC should give you the best indication of how you'll do, for obvious reasons. I'd say continue practicing with those and see if you can pull off a 34-36. April is still a ways off...you should be in good shape.

I don't have much input but the AAMC should give you the best indication of how you'll do, for obvious reasons. I'd say continue practicing with those and see if you can pull off a 34-36. April is still a ways off...you should be in good shape.

I have heard that your score on the AAMC tests is generally a few points higher than what you will get? Wanted to know if this was a myth or true.

I have heard that your score on the AAMC tests is generally a few points higher than what you will get? Wanted to know if this was a myth or true.

it depends

people miss questions for all sorts of reasons.

if you are missing them because you don't know, then perhaps you will score lower. if you are missing them because you made a dumb mistake (rush), you might do better depending how you function at game time. if you miss them because... etc.