Surgeons losing lawsuits during CRNA supervision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree with you. I recently had my wisdom teeth taken out and the doc intended to use a combination of fentanyl, versed, and propofol.

My first question to him was what happens if I need to be tubed, how much training he has doing that, and if he had reversal agents available.

I ended up doing it regardless, much to my wife's chagrin, but it is something that definitely bothered me but the doctor gave me enough reassurance I guess.

I mean this brings up a good point... Like what do anesthesiologists do when they need moderate-deep sedation/general anesthesia for procedures on themselves. Would any of you trust non-anesthesiologist supervised care?

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean this brings up a good point... Like what do anesthesiologists do when they need moderate-deep sedation/general anesthesia for procedures on themselves. Would any of you trust non-anesthesiologist supervised care?
Not me.
I wouldn’t even let an ER doc give my toddler son sedation to sew up a head lac. That was a long time ago, but I would still make that decision today.

Reactions: 1 user
No - especially for dental procedures. Everyone in my family got their wisdom teeth extracted under local including myself.