Surgery COMAT in 2 weeks. Combank vs ComQuest vs UWORLD to score 90%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmandudeguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have the opportunity to possibly honor Surgery and this will be my FIRST shelf... so Im a little nervous. The info for COMATs seems a bit sparse I've noticed. Just looking for any advice as to what would be the best way to go for a Hail Mary and actually get a 90th percentile type mark on the COMAT. From what I've heard its the same old BS crapshoot as the COMLEX... but I'd like to atleast try. Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

I used Pestana's, Uworld, and Onlinemeded surgery and medicine GI videos and scored a 126.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Pestana's, Uworld, and Onlinemeded surgery and medicine GI videos and scored a 126.
Wow so you think UWORLD really was enough?? You didnt use any other Qbank? I heard UWORLD focuses more on Trauma which the COMAT doesnt. May I ask if you had any medicine background? Because this is my first Shelf. So not sure if I should focus on additional topics

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow so you think UWORLD really was enough?? You didnt use any other Qbank? I heard UWORLD focuses more on Trauma which the COMAT doesnt. May I ask if you had any medicine background? Because this is my first Shelf. So not sure if I should focus on additional topics
I did one pass of UW and one pass of Combank COMAT. Ended up with 107. Not a great score but it's good considering I didn't read a single word of text and had nearly zero didactics during my surgical rotation.

I did about half of the onlinemeded videos. I may have scored a little higher if I did all of the videos.

Never did comquest and only did combank OMM in between Step 2 and Level 2. That was my last comat so I already had medicine under my belt which helped a lot. Maybe throw in some GI Uworld questions.