Surgery for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eddy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is a good source from which to study surgery. Also if you studied from any book, on any subject, which you found to be awesome for step 2 please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

What did you use for your surgery rotation? Generally the sources you are familiar with will be the easiest to review from (kind of like Step 1). Does your school use Shelf exams? What did you study to take those? Personally, I used Surgical Recall for my surgery rotation and NMS to study for Shelf exams and Step 2. Suerte.

I used NMS Surgery as my main text. I also used Recall since I didn't want to be labeled as "odd." Lastly, I used Attending Rounds since we had an oral exam component. NMS Surgery is really all you need for the shelf I think.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by surg2002:
•What did you use for your surgery rotation? Generally the sources you are familiar with will be the easiest to review from (kind of like Step 1). Does your school use Shelf exams? What did you study to take those? Personally, I used Surgical Recall for my surgery rotation and NMS to study for Shelf exams and Step 2. Suerte.•••••